Homecoming and Family Weekend Day 2 of 4
|Event Type:||President's Office
Friday, September 27, 2013
Get your dodgeball team together, practice your talent, gather your club members and alumni, and prepare for a great weekend. Once again, Homecoming/Family Weekend is sure to bring about another weekend of fun and excitement! #alfredstatehfw
Online registration is now closed. You may pay at the door if you wish to attend the 5K Run/Walk, the Tailgate/BBQ, or the Sunday Brunch. If you would like to attend the Alumni & Athletic Hall of Fame Dinner, please contact the Institutional Advancement Office at (607) 587-3931 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schedule subject to change. Return to this page for updates.
Weekend Schedule of Events
Thursday, Sept. 26
- 8 p.m. Dodgeball (students, faculty & staff teams welcome!) – Orvis Gymnasium
This is your chance to come out and show your dodgeball skills by taking part in the annual student vs. faculty & staff dodgeball game!
Friday, Sept. 27
- 3 p.m. Student Leadership Center Ribbon Cutting Ceremony, This building serves as a comprehensive, centralized connection point for students, staff, and faculty to access leadership opportunities on campus and in the community.
- 5:30 p.m. Athletic Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony – Orvis Activities Center, Cappadonia Auditorium, Honoring the 2003 National Champion Women's Cross Country team
- 7 p.m. Alumni & Athletic Hall of Fame Dinner – CDH, Allegany Room, $15
All alumni are invited to attend. Join your classmates and alumni as we highlight classes from 1963 and 1988 as well as the Athletic Hall of Fame Inductees!
- *8 p.m. Monsters University – Student Leadership Center, Small Event Space
Take a trip back in time to when star Monsters, Inc. employees Mike Wazowski (voice of Billy Crystal) and James P. "Sulley" Sullivan (voice of John Goodman) were just two promising young students at Monsters University in this frightfully fun Disney/Pixar prequel.
- *9 p.m. Mike Super, Magician & Illusionist - Orvis Activities Center, Cappadonia Auditorium
Join us in welcoming the winner of NBC’s hit TV show Phenomenon as he returns to Alfred State to shock and awe the masses!
- 11 p.m. 2013 Madden Tournament - 319 SLC, Gaming Room
Like football but video games are more your avenue? Stop down to the Gaming Room and compete in the annual Madden Tournament and see if you have what it takes to be the ultimate Madden champion.
Saturday, Sept. 28
- 9 a.m. Race for a Cure 5K Run/Walk - 10 Elm, $15
Proceeds will go to Carly’s Club/Roswell Park Cancer Hospital of Buffalo to support programming and research to fight pediatric cancer. You can run or walk and T-shirts will be available for the first 75 registrants. Those registering the day of the event should plan to arrive by 8:30 a.m. With your help, we hope to exceed the $850 raised last year with a goal of $1,000.
- 10 a.m. Baseball Game vs. Houghton College – Baseball Field
- 11 a.m. Men’s Lacrosse Alumni Game – Pioneer Stadium
- 11 a.m. Cross Country Alumni Meet - Begins on practice field above Orvis
- 11 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Tailgate/BBQ - Tent near stadium
Enjoy a great meal & a cocktail with friends before the football game. $11 for adults, $6 for kids. Cash bar for 21 and over. (Dinner cost includes admission to football game; students may use meal cards.)
- 1 p.m. Football Game vs. Apprentice School – Pioneer Stadium
- *3:30 p.m. Gold Rush Get-Together - Orvis Gymnasium
This is Alfred State’s annual family carnival that includes carnival games, inflatables, food and lots of prizes! All FREE!
- 5 p.m. Women's Soccer vs. North Country CC - Pioneer Stadium
- 6 p.m. Family Feud Greek Game Show - Orvis Activities Center, Cappadonia Auditorium, PG-13
Come watch and support our Greek community as they compete for the annual Family Feud championship known as the Greek Game Show!
- 8:30 p.m. Alfred’s Got Talent! - Orvis Activities Center, Cappadonia Auditorium, PG-13
This annual event includes the many talents of our students, faculty/staff and alumni! Singers, musicians, poets, magicians, dancers and novelty acts will perform for your attention and support. Watch as these amazing talents perform for great prizes! If you would like to be a contestant, contact Mallory Norton by email at NortonML@alfredstate.edu.
Sunday, Sept. 29
- 10:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Brunch - The Terrace, CDH, $6.50
Students may use meal cards.
Look at all the fun we had last year! - - watch the 2012 Homecoming/Family Weekend video.